Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ode To Delta

I originally posted this to Facebook last week, but I thought that it deserved a re-post on my blog. I know that it isn't directly related to my normal stay at home dad topics, but it was a trip that I was on with my family. It is basically my general distain for the current state of airline travel. And as a bonus, at the end of the rant I will link to the latest video I made of Big Z and Little P from our trip to California. It is a fake trailer made with iMovie. Please enjoy my rant and the video.

Attention Facebook (and Blogger) passengers this is your captain speaking, thank you for flying with Delta today. The flight crew of flight 2020 to LAX would like to welcome you aboard. The crew will soon be coming around the cabin to distribute your $15 un-complementary box of snacks and your lukewarm, half flat can of Ginger Ale, and the rest of the can, don't worry about that we'll just keep that for you. We are sorry that the bag fees where more expensive than your tickets, and that the bags could only weigh 10 lbs, but that shouldn't be a problem for a family of 4 for 10 days. As compensation please enjoy the $2 headsets and the movie Bio Dome followed by reruns of Chico and the Man. Oh, and the Wi-Fi service, that will be $13 and whatever spare change you have on you. Once again thank you for flying with us. Flight crew, sack-a-mac fry 20 whiskey tango foxtrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment