Sunday, April 24, 2011

Inside The Mind Of A 10 Year Old

Something that I want to do from time to time is to post some of my children's school work or drawings that I think are cute or funny. I would say that this piece of artwork easily fits into that framework.

The other day Big Z came home from school with a very interesting piece of art. Sometime during the day he had some spare time and was inspired to draw a diagram of what his brain looks like. Please feel free to click on it to see the bigger version and take some time to soak it all in.

Where to begin? There are many funny aspects to this drawing, like the very small space for "school" at the top. I was a little surprised about the amount of space he allocated for "boring stuff", but considering it's location next to "school" I guess it kind of makes sense. But I think the one that puzzled my wife and I the most was the real estate given to "furniture". When questioned by my wife about "furnitures" large floor space Big Z simply said, "Well, I was thinking about things to add to my picture and a figured that I had to have furniture in there because if I didn't I wouldn't know what to call things if somebody asked me like, that over there is a couch, and that over there is a chair." Touché Big Z, touché.

No comments:

Post a Comment